Invite us to talk
Hi, I'm Carol and I'm passionate abut the people of Burma and with lots of photos can illustrate talks from 30-90 minutes to suit your audience. I've visted the refugees and worked with them on seven different occassions so I have lots of stories to share. The talks also cover some of the history of Burma and explain a little of why the current situation has come about and how current changes are impacting the country and its people.
I speak regularly to groups of all sizes. In the past I have spoken to various Probus, Rotary, Round Table, Inner Wheel, 50+, church, Women's Institute and local community groups.
To book a date or find out more contact me through our contact page, ring me on 07970 188079 or email email@example.com
Here are a few ideas for raising money:
• Put aside £2.50 (the cost of a cup of coffee) a week
• Sell unwanted items on e-bay and save a proportion of your profit
• Sell unwanted books on Amazon and save a proportion of your profit
• Hold a coffee and chat event or a dinner party – sell the cakes or sell tickets for dinner!
• Do something, such as a run or walk for sponsorship - contact us for a form
• Don't give so many Christmas cards and donate what you would have spent
• Buy online through Top-Cashback and donate a proportion of your cashback http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/all4burma
• Buy online through easyfundraising http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/all4burma
• Search online through easysearch (each search through their link gives money to All4Burma) http://all4burma.easysearch.org.uk
The most important thing you can do for Burma is to pray. Here are a few ideas on what to pray for:
• That God's love would shine into the hearts of His people in Burma
• For the hearts of the military to be changed
• That the words of the Gov’t and the actions of the military might actually begin to match one another
• For successful peace talks to bring meaningful peace to the ethnic states of Burma
• That the Thai Gov’t will not force refugees back to Burma before there is guaranteed safety in their home areas
• That chidren will all be able to access education
• That healthcare systems will be developed
• Protection for the FBR and other volunteers who go inside to take food, medicine and shelter to those whose villages and lives have been destroyed by military attacks
• That humanitarian aid agencies will be allowed to work properly within the country and be free to travel to where they are really needed
• That soldiers will stop raping women and children and using people as forced labour to be human mine sweepers and porters
• That the pillaging & destroying of villages will cease and that land mines will no longer be laid
• That companies will not be allowed to exploit the natural resources of the country leaving its people in poverty
• That the people of Burma will be able to return to their country and live in peace and prosperity
Buy some art
“After making a number of trips to the Thai-Burma Border and witnessing the situation for the ethnic people firsthand, Kelly Barnes made a commitment to continue to support the people through her drawing business Kelly Barnes Portraits. She gives a portion of the proceeds from all sales and commissions to various projects on the ground. Kelly has developed her skill in graphite drawing over the years with a vision to capture the essence of whatever she draws, be that people, pets or the natural world. She takes commissions for drawings of any kind and has also developed a range of greeting cards and mounted prints that she sells both online and at various outlets across the UK.
Through relationships with people on the Thai-Burma border, Kelly has been able to stay connected to some of the needs amongst the people. And then through working with All4Burma, it has been possible to ensure that the money Kelly donates from her drawing business goes directly to the projects that she is keen to support. Over the last few years, donations from drawing sales and commissions have helped with funding the building of water tanks and water pipes within villages in Mon State. Currently, money donated is going towards supplying food, medicine and relief to internally displaced people in Karen State.
If you would like to commission a unique hand drawn pencil portrait or drawing or if you would like to purchase greeting cards or prints of Kelly’s pencil drawings, more information is available on her website https://www.kellybarnesportraits.com
Some of Kelly’s drawings, available as prints or greeting cards are available through her online shop. Donations are made to All4Burma through sales of all cards and prints. Purchase greeting cards or prints https://www.kellybarnesportraits.com/shop-front
Zau Zau Seng, a Free Burma Ranger medic and videographer from Kachin State Burma. Kelly did this drawing in 2020 after hearing of his death. Dave and Karen Eubank, who head up the Free Burma Rangers, carried this drawing through the jungle to give as a gift to his wife, in loving memory of a brave and courageous man.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for All4Burma with easyfundraising?
There are over 7,000 brands on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
1. Click on the sticker above or Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/all4burma/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the brand will make a donation to All4Burma at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and All4Burma will be really grateful for your donations.
You can also use The Easy Search browser to raise money every time you browse on your PC. Just click on https://all4burma.easysearch.org.uk/ and save the Browser in your bookmarks and each time you use it it raises money for us.
Thank you for your support.